Purpose and Strategy
This web site is intended to serve several purposes, all of which depend on efficient communication and a sensitivity to the needs of the members and the community.
- To assist Freemasons outside the province to be informed about our activities, encourage them to maintain contact.
- To act as a portal to official sources of information about a wide range of masonic interests.
- To provide a window to Freemasonry for the local community.
- To help members who are unable to regularly attend meetings to keep in touch.
- To support local members and our contacts globally by keeping them in touch with events and
- To support the work of officers and event organisers in our Lodges.
- To encourage new members by offering an open and informed view of Freemasonry both globally and in the local community.
- In achieving the above, there are certain rules which have to be observed in the design and maintenance of this web site.
- It must be compliant with the rules determined by the United Grand Lodge of England, and approved by them.
- It must be compliant with the Data Protection Act.
- It must be consistent and compatible in content and presentation with other official sources of information about Freemasonry.
- It must avoid any topic of a political or religious nature, or which may be controversial.
- It must be easy to use and to understand.
- It should be topical, and wherever possible drawing attention to future activities and events.
- It should avoid repeating at length information that is officially published elsewhere, and to provide links instead.